Now available as an e-book as well as physical book.
Suitable for: Primary Teachers
This resource is a South Australian first that was developed to support educators in planning, delivering and assessing early childhood Fundamenal Movement Skills (FMS). This resource has been designed to support educators and enable all students to develop and refine their FMS. Photos, illustrations, and observation checklists are featured to support the development and achievement of these important skills.
Play with Purpose: For Fundamental Movement Skills Teaching is a
compilation of proven games and ideas to teach Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) for games and sports using a game-centred teaching approach. The
resource emphasises learning motor skills and competencies in a
‘thinking’ way so children develop the competence and confidence to be
- Relevance for Foundation through to Year 4 teachers.
- Consistent with the Australian Curriculum for Health and Physical
- Divided into Foundation, Years 1-2 and Years 3-4.
- More than 70 games and activities with questions and tips to
focus children’s learning.
- Examples of game modifications so the same game can be
played in multiple ways and with varying FMS focus.
- An explanation of why FMS teaching is such an important
component of school curriculum time and the foundation that
encourages daily physical activity accumulation.
ACHPER Members $35 inc GST
Non-members $45 inc GST
International Orders $55 for e-book or $65 for physical copy
How to Order
Download one of the below order forms, complete & email [email protected]
Australian Order Form
International Order Form
Call the ACHPER SA office on (08) 8363 5700 to order and pay over phone.