Early Career Teachers' Development Program
In your first 5 years of teaching HPE? We know these are some of the hardest years, and we want to help you get through them!
- Hear useful tips and tricks from experienced HPE teachers
- Learn more about assessment, planning, ICT tools and behaviour management
- Network with other ECTs
This year, we are coordinating an Early Career Teacher Development Program which, thanks to Educators SA, will be free for 20 ECTs. This program is designed to support teachers in their initial years of teaching HPE, both primary and secondary, through hearing from experienced teachers, creating networks with educators experiencing the same things and being equipped with resources to help you navigate through the early stages of your career.
Each scholarship recipient will receive free registration to:
- 1 x full day face-to-face workshop (Monday 9th August, The Lights Community & Sports Centre)
- 2 x 1-hour online workshops on topics chosen by the group (after school, dates TBC)
- 1 day at the Primary Conference (20th September) or Secondary Conference (29th/30th November)
- Access to a portal filled with resources and information specific for ECTs
Program valued at $950. Please note the scholarship doesn't provide TRT release.
Who can apply? HPE Educators currently in their first 5 years of teaching, or 4th year HPE tertiary students.
How to apply? Click here to complete the short application form, including how an ECT scholarship would assist you. Applications close Thursday 29th July with scholarships offered Friday 30th July. Please note, you must be available to attend the full day face-to-face workshop on Monday 9th August at The Lights Community and Sports Centre.
If you would like to participate but are not currently in your first 5 years of teaching, you can attend but you will need to pay for your attendance as you are not eligible for a scholarship ($360 for members, $500 for non-members). Click here to complete the application form.
Questions? Contact ACHPER SA email@example.com / 8363 5700