Early Childhood Seminar
Was Held: Wednesday 8 March 2017
Venue: St Michael's College, Primary Campus, Beverley
Click here to view the Flyer
Excellent feedback was received from delegates attending this seminar exploring both the theory and practical activities to effectively design learning programs to enhance Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS). Key elements of this professional learning workshop included assessment, moderation, programming & planning.
The Seminar covered:
• The ACHPER (SA) & SACPSSA FMS Resource (Free copy for each Attendee)
• The ACARA:HPE curriculum: Essential components of a Quality PE Program
• Two ways of assessing FMS - Continuous Skills, Explosive Skills
• Learning & teaching FMS - Run, Dodge, Vertical Jump - skill elements and classification of skills
• Learning & Teaching FMS - Two handed roll & Two handed ground ball pick up, Underarm throw & Two handed catch, Kicking a ball on the ground & Trapping a kicked ball by foot, Two handed dribble (ball bounce)
• Programming & Learning Design - Choosing the Focus Skills & Identifying Learning intentions
• Integrating FMS into the daily program • Scope and sequence of your program • Teaching FMS - One handed dribble, Overarm throw, Kicking a ball dropped from the hand, Forehand hit, Two handed Strike
• Explicit links will be made to the Australian Curriculum Health and Physical Education.
Cancellation Policy: Notice of cancellation received more than 48 hours before the event will incur a standard $40 administration processing fee, any registration fees received in addition to this amount will be refunded. For cancellation notice received less than 48 hours before the event, registration fees unfortunately cannot be refunded.